We are looking for a passionate reporter to participate in the creative cycle of a news story by investigating and writing rich and unbiased “scoops” about events in Kings County.
The candidate will have a passion for reporting. This person must be a self-starter, team-oriented, have a yearning to learn, and extremely good at multi-tasking across a variety of projects at once.
- Attend to events and interview with guest speakers
- Maintain notes and audio recordings
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events in the “beat” by studying papers, attending events etc.
- Ability to gather, write and edit news
- Broad knowledge of headlines
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication, lobbying and active listening skills
- Excellent Writing Skills
How to apply
If you are interested, Please fill out this form and if you have a resume uploaded.
This is a part-time, on site, unpaid internship in return for college class credit.
Local Applicants Only Please.